Wednesday 30 July 2014

NEWS:: MFM Pastor Battling Eye Cataract, Accuses G.O of Giving him Oil, Prayer Points Instead of Money


A 61-year-old father of two, Pastor Lawrence Okechukwu
Amuruche has accused the General Overseer of his church, the
Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries (MFM) of giving him
anointing oil and prayer points rather than offering him money
to stop the cataract growing in his eyes.

Amuruche, who heads the Satelite town branch of the church,
revealed that he had been battling with eye cataract which
grew on one eye and may affect the second if he didn’t get
medical help as soon as possible.

In an interview with the Sun Newspaper, he revealed that the
eye problem started when his eyes were constantly itching him,
and that he later had blurry sight.

He said his wife told him there was a growth forming in his
eyes, so he went to see an ophthalmologist.
The optician, according to him, said he had developed an eye
cataract and he urgently needed surgery.

“At the hospital, they said I should provide N450,000 per eye.
That is N900,000 for the two eyes, but I cannot afford it. I did
an eye test for which I paid N130,000 pending the time I will
get money for the surgery. But I have not been able to raise
money and my situation is getting worse by the day”.
When asked if his church had done anything to assist him, he
said “I have gone to my General Overseer for money to do the
surgery. To get him was a problem. It was just last week that I
was able to get him.

“But instead of giving me money to do the surgery, he gave me
anointing oil, prayer points and water to be washing my face. I
told him that I have prayed. I have been doing fasting and have
been doing vigils concerning the eyes, but it has been
deteriorating. If my coming out to seek for help will lead to my
sack, let him sack me and I will go instead of losing my eyes in
the name of ministry. If I go blind, I will not be able to minister,
I will not pastor and I will be in the house and they will not pay
me”.

source: naijagospel

No comments:

Post a Comment