Friday 18 July 2014

Today's devotional with JoyceMeyer

Do It for God by Joyce Meyer - July 19, 2014

And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As
you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love. —2 John 1:6 NIV

I remember one Sunday years ago when my church’s pastor
encouraged the congregation to take a moment to say hello to
other people and even give them a hug and tell them we loved
them. I looked down the row where I was sitting and saw a woman who had hurt me in a significant way. I strongly sensed the Spirit of God impressing me to give her a hug and let her know I loved her. Walking over to her and saying, “I love you” took everything I had! I can’t guarantee I was totally sincere, but I know I was obedient to God.

Several months later, God led me to give one of my favorite
possessions to that woman. “Now God,” I responded, “I don’t mind giving it away. I mean, I really would like to keep it, but if You are going to make me give it away, at least let me give it to someone I like so I can enjoy seeing her with it!” God responded to me:
“Joyce, if you can give her that, if you can give your favorite
possession to someone who really hurt you and is least deserving
of it, you will break the power of the enemy. You will destroy his
plan to destroy you.”

We do not take steps of obedience and overcome difficult times
because we feel like doing so or think obedience is a good idea.
We do it because we love God, we know He loves us, we want to
obey Him, and we know His ways are always best for us.

Whatever adversities you are facing right now or will face in the
days to come, I urge you to confront them, embrace them, and deal with them. Face them like a conqueror. Remember, they are
working for your good, and God will use them to strengthen you.

Embrace them with a conqueror’s attitude, and you will find
yourself in a place of greater maturity, wisdom, and ability than
you have ever known.

Trust in Him If God asks you to do something, you know He is
asking because it is what’s best for you. Even if you don’t want to
do it, do it for God because you trust Him and He knows best.

No comments:

Post a Comment