Friday 25 July 2014

Today's meditation with JoyceMeyer

Like the New You by Joyce Meyer - July 26, 2014

Therefore if any person is [ingrafted] in Christ (the Messiah) he is a new creation (a new creature altogether); the old [previous moral and spiritual condition] has passed away. Behold, the fresh and new has come! —2 Corinthians 5:17

You can be a blessing everywhere you go because Jesus lives in
you and His life overflows from within you. Not only that, you can like yourself because of what Jesus has done in your life.

According to today’s scripture He has completely recreated you.
There’s a new you! The old you died with Christ. Now spiritually you’re alive in Christ, a new creature, filled with possibilities. As you learn God’s word, He will use it to change you into His image. The new you that is inside will make its way to the outside where other people can see it.

God says that you are valuable so don’t determine your worth and value by they way other people have treated you and what they have said about you. The fact that someone rejected you doesn’t mean you are a bad person.. Perhaps the person rejecting you has problems of their own and are merely critical. God says you’re accepted in Christ and what He says is more important than what anyone else says. (see Ephesians 1:6, NKJV).

Why don’t you decide right now to like yourself?. Plunge into the
ocean of God’s love and say, “If You love me, God, I can love
myself.”

I’m talking about loving yourself in a balanced way, not a selfish,
self-centered way. I finally got tired of thinking negative thoughts about myself, not liking myself, hating myself, listening to every negative person who wanted to tell me everything that was wrong with me. I decided to believe what God said about me, and you can do the same thing.

Stop letting people run your life, and be led by the Holy Spirit. Stop trying to please people all the time and be a God-pleaser instead.

Enjoy the new you and maintain peace with yourself by refusing to live in guilt and condemnation, recognizing that God is greater
than all your sins. Let go of your past mistakes and embrace all
the new things God has for you.

Love Yourself Today: You are a new creation in Christ. I hope you like what He has made!

No comments:

Post a Comment