Wednesday 13 August 2014

Today's devotional with Joyce Meyer

Overcome Rejection by Joyce Meyer - August 14, 2014

Didn’t you ever read this in the Scriptures? “The stone that the
builders rejected has now become the cornerstone. This is the
LORD’s doing, and it is wonderful to see.”
—Mark 12:10 –11 NLT

We all fear earthly rejection too much. Jesus was rejected, and He survived. You can too! When I say you will survive, I don’t mean you will just barely make it; I mean rejection will not leave you brokenhearted, and it will not stop you from doing what God wants you to do. No one enjoys being rejected, but we can experience it and still be victorious.

We are not responsible for our reputations; God is! So relax and
keep thinking to yourself, I may not be accepted by everyone, but I am accepted and loved by God. Repeat it over and over until you believe it and are no longer bothered if people reject you.
If you have God, you have all you need. If He knows you need
anything else, He will provide that also (see Matthew 6:8, 33–34).

If you value the unconditional love of God more than the
conditional approval of people, you will overcome rejection.

Power Thought: I can overcome rejection because I have received God’s love.

No comments:

Post a Comment