Monday 18 August 2014

Today's meditation with JoyceMeyer

Choosing the Right Churchby Joyce Meyer - August 19, 2014

But [as for] you, teach what is fitting and becoming to sound
(wholesome) doctrine [the character and right living that identify true Christians]. —Titus 2:1

I went to church for years and years and never heard a message
about the power my words had on my life. I may have heard
something about my thoughts; but if so, it wasn't enough to make
any impact on my life because it did not change my thinking. I
heard about grace and salvation and other good things. But it
wasn't everything I needed to know in order to live in the
righteousness, peace, and joy God offers to all who believe (See
Romans 14:17).

There are many wonderful churches that teach God's Word in its
entirety; and I encourage you to make sure that wherever you
choose to go to church, it is a place where you are learning and
growing spiritually. We should not go to church just to fulfill an
obligation we may think we have to God. We should go to church
to fellowship with other believers in Jesus Christ, to worship God, and to learn how to live the life Jesus died for us to have and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment